Eric Gehrig

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 2 in Arizona...

We had one training this morning and then a light session to work the goalies a bit.  This morning we started with a warmup and then we got divided into three teams.  Two teams played 2 v 2 to goal, then on to 3 v 3 and eventually 4 v 4.  The team sitting out did fitness.  My team was solid with Eddie Gaven, Andy Iro, and Dilly Duka to name a few.  We played first, then fitness, and played again.  The first time we played we defended the big goal and I made some good tackles and blocks.  For fitness I felt very good, we did some diagonal running to half and then strided it out to finish the full length.  I was pleased with how I felt fitness wise.  We then went on to attack to the big goal, which I made some good runs and made some nice passes.  Had a nice shot on goal too that the goalie stopped.  Overall, I was satisfied.  We finished training with some 7 v 7 to goals.  My team ended up winning and we had some nice combinations going. 

We then had team lunch, at the hotel.  I made a nice big sandwich and had some pasta ha. It was good.  This afternoon they had the other trialists and I work with the goalies and we basically just whipped balls in and provided some crosses.  It was crazy windy so it was a challenge gettin the crosses in but that was all we did.  It was a rather light session, didn't do any shooting or finishing so.  And that basically leads me to where I am at now, waiting to go out to dinner with a few of the guys.  Heard there is a HUGE snow storm back home, too bad I gotta miss it ha ;).  I love snow actually though, I feel like if it's gonna be winter in Chicago, let it SNOWWWWWW!!!!  Hope everyone is safe and keeping warm.  We just have one training tomorrow at 11 and that's pretty much it for the day so I will be back sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Keep the positive vibes comin my way! I appreciate the support.


EG

Shoutout to all my former teammates, from Lake Central to Loyola.  Love you guys like brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment