Eric Gehrig

Friday, February 18, 2011

Back home for a few days..

Got in late last night, from Pheonix.  The team flew me home last night so I can get my things and car and move out to Columbus Saturday, before we are back at training in Columbus.  Our champions league game is on Tues night at Crew Stadium! Huge Game! Should be nuts! Lookin forward to it very much.  We finished up our first part of preseason yesterday with a 4-2 loss to Houston Dynamo.  It was a very physical game from the start and I got in for the last 20 min.  I was much more comfortable yesterday and coulda gone on for another 90! But I was happy to get some minutes and play well for the most part.  Our preseason continues in Atlanta after our champions league ties with Real Salt lake, believe we leave around March 4th.

Got home real late like I said last night, and stayed up and talked with my family.  Felt very good to be home and see them, including my brother Greg.  Today I have just been packing, spending time with momma and did a light work out.  Tonight I am going out to dinner with my whole family to UNO's.  Should be a good time and then i am off to Chicago to spend some time with my buddies before moving out to Columbus tomorrow.'

Once in Columbus, I got 14 days paid hotel from the Crew to find an apartment.  It looks like I will be living with Cole Grossman and Justin Meram.  We got quite close over the last three weeks so it should be a blast.  Andy and Rich are going to be our neighbors so it'll work out pretty sweet.  I am looking forward to it all, be nice to see the facilities in Columbus, the stadium, etc....Glad to be apart of the Crew!  Lots of hard work ahead!  Much love to everyone again! I will be back soon, probably on Sunday after training!

EG #16

No comments:

Post a Comment