Eric Gehrig

Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to training...

Had a nice day off yesterday and sadly saw the Packers won, but they are really good.  I knew once my bears let em in the playoffs during week 17 that it could come back to haunt us.  Sure did! oh well.  We trained this morning, started with some technical warmup, then on to possession, some finishing and finished with 11 v 11.  We then had lunch on our own, some of the younger guys and I had sandwiches from the hotel restaurant then sat out by the pool for a few hours.  Threw a football around and laid in the sun.  Weather was gorgeous today too, about high 70s and straight sunnnn! I got pretty pretty burnt, got me a nice tan going.

We had team dinner tonight provided by the hotel.  It was pretty good I had fish, steak, salad, taters, rice, and some veggies.  Topped off with some fruit and whip cream and I actually ordered some ice cream brownie thing with room service and it was super good.  Andy and I indulged.  Good group of young guys here at Columbus between Rich, Andy, Cole Grossman, and Justin Meram.  Been hangin with them a lot and we usually laugh our butts off.  I enjoy bein with them. 

We play our second preseason game tomorrow against the Vancouver Whitecaps.  It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, watching it and whether I will get in or not.  Either way I will be ready.  We are also switching hotels and cities tomorrow as we will be moving camp to Glendale Arizona.  Hope this nice weather continues.  That's it for now I suppose, appreciate the support and wishes.  Means a lot.  I will be back tomorrow with the game result and review of my day ha.  Thanks for checkin in.

EG

happy 78th birthday to my lovely oma today. love you grams

1 comment:

  1. Eric, Good luck with the game today I hope you do get some time. Please give us as much detail about the game as you can.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete