Eric Gehrig

Friday, February 4, 2011

daily doublee....

Sorrry I didnt post yesterday, was a bit tired so I just went to bed.  We had two training sessions yesterday and overall they went well.  In the morning, we started training with some technical drills different variations of passing with a group of about 8.  It was fun, I like getting good clean touches on the ball.  That stuff is where you really keep your touch sharp and keep things clean.  We went on to some 8 v 6 attackers vs defense. I played in front of the back four and was able to break up a lot of incoming passes and made it difficult for the attackers to score.  Thought I did well.  We then finished with some finishing and once again, I thought I was hitting some fluid shots, scored a couple nice goals.  We had a lunch break and then were back at it in the afternoon.  This training was strictly different patterns of crossing and finishing.  I basically was just pinging balls out wide to the crossers and then joined in on some crossing myself.

For the rest of the night I chilled with andy and rich again, I enjoy being with those fellas.  We ordereed some pizza for dinner and some wings, and watched college bball and some nba.  All along with rippin on eachother and cracking jokes.  Good times. 

Overall, it really has been a solid week, I am just trying to do my best, and do what is under my control.  And when i go back and think of all the things I have done, all things considering, I think I have done fairly well.  We got one training session today, and then first preseason game against Kansas City tomorrow.  I am not sure if i will get in, but I do know if I do get a chance, I will be ready.  That is all for now, I will be back this evening I am sure.  Take it easy everyone.

EG

Shoutout to my man Tony Deluca, lots of good memories brotha from our glory days at Loyola, can't wait for the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you should know and pass it along sombody will be streaming the game tomorrow I thought I should pass it along so that friends and Family can Watch.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/natebeckman

    ReplyDelete