Eric Gehrig

Monday, January 31, 2011

Good start...

Welp, long day it surely was...flight left Chicago at 8:30 got in about 11:30.  The director of soccer operations for the Crew, real nice guy named Tucker, picked me and we headed to the Embassy Suites, which is where we are staying.  Real nice hotel, living room, little kitchen, and a bed room, two flatscreens.  We got there and the team was having lunch so I strolled in, met the staff, and introduced myself to the guys.  Little nerves at first but I soon found out everyone was real cool.  We got our gear for training shortly after and we left for the fields around 3:15.  Training started at 4 with some 5 v 2, then on to some finishing, and then we played a little 10 v 10.  Boy it felt good to be outside again and on GRASS.  So sick of all the turf and the cold, so it was refreshing.  Between the travel and not being used to the big field, it took a few runs to catch my breath but I played pretty well.  Played defensive mid, and I thought I showed very well for my first day.  The Jabulani ball is something man, thing moves all over the place.  When we were shooting, I hit some bombs too.  I can understand why goalies hate that ball so much.  After training, we had dinner on our own, me and a few of the guys went to Olive Garden and feasted.  So full right now and for sure tired.  I gotta get to bed.  We got two sessions tomorrow, training in morning, and it sounds like lifting in the afternoon so, rest is vital right now.  I am very happy though to be with the Crew right now and am enjoying it.  I hope it continues.  Miss my family and friends but I will see them soon enough.  Hope everyone is well, I'm hittin the sack.  Night!


EG

Shoutout to my mom and dad, LOVE you guys.  I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment