Eric Gehrig

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 2

We had training today at noon, so I woke up around 9 and had myself a banana, a pb & j, and a granola bar.  A shower followed that and then we were off to the training facility to get our gear and what not.  Thought I played better today and overall am pleased with the way things went.  We just scrimmaged again playing 11 V 11.  I once again was at the holding mid spot, and connected almost all of my passes, including some switches of the field and some driven balls.  Got in on some 50-50's too in the air and competed well.  Had one shot from about 20 yds out hit the post and then 5 min later I ended up scoring a nice volley from about 30 yards out.  Ball popped out, took a touch and let it rip and thankfully it went far post side netting.  Felt good, that's for sure.  I am happy with the way today went so, we will see.  Tomorrow is our last session for this little invite combine, so hopefully I can close out with a bang and keep it goin. 

After training a few of the guys and I went to Panera located in the Plaza.  The exact Panera I went to when I played out here for Loyola, brings back memories thats for sure of being with the guys and coaches.  We are actually stayin at the hotel next to where we stayed with Loyola too so.  Anyway, back to Panera, I ordered the Chipotle Chicken sandwich, always a good choice.  I also got the cream of chicken and wild rice, WOW, so good.  Very satisfied with the meal and once again those that know me best, know how much I enjoy a good meal.  SO for now I am back at the hotel, pretty tired...I'm thinking I will take a hot shower, read a little bit of my book, Steven Gerrard's autobiography which I highly recommend to any soccer nuts.  Tonight, think we are gonna do Noodle's and Co. for din din and just relax.  Good game on ESPN too with Ohio State and Purdue so I'll prob watch that.  That is all for now, hope things keep rollin and I appreciate all the well wishes..Shoutout to my brother Greg, who help get me here for the last 23 years and was/is a hell of a soccer player himself.  I will be back tomorrow hopefully with some more good news.  Thanks for takin the time to check-in.

EG

No comments:

Post a Comment