Eric Gehrig

Friday, January 28, 2011

Headin to the desert..

Received a call from the Columbus Crew tonight and it looks like I will be flying out to Arizona for preseason Monday morning.  Training will begin Monday afternoon so it's time to get after it.  I was relieved to get the call because now I actually know when I am leavin and can focus now on the most important part: the soccer.  And it's not that I havent been focused on the soccer, just anxious I guess to find out when I will be going.  So I'm pumped and can't wait to get started! Let's go!

Didn't train today, I did however run 4 miles on the treadmill and then on to 10 minutes of jump rope.  Lifted some shoulders and that was it.  Fitness is feeling good and overall body feels good, and now I have a few days to fully rest and be 100% heading to preseason.  Went to Cracker Barrel with the family tonight for dinner, and we usually NEVER go there, but I went there not too long ago before my combine in Omaha...lemme tell ya...their Grilled chicken tender loins with mashed taters, gravy, green beans, and corn is AMAZING.  For real though, anyone out there interested in a filling, somewhat healthy meal...boom! After dinner I got some DQ and then watched my brothers Under 16's team he coaches at a nearby arena I grew up playing at.  Reminds me when I was little man, boy have the years passed.  It's pretty crazy.  I am a very fortunate young man that's for sure, had a great upbringing with a great family, and have met some amazing people over the years.  Lots of unforgettable memories over the years, and thanks to everyone who made them possible.  Truly does mean a lot to me.

That's about it for tonight, bed soon for me.  I will probably be back tomorrow, once again, appreciate y'all checkin in.  Go on Columbus Crew!

EG

p.s. Shout out to all my great coaches over the years, from the beginning where my Dad literally had me shooting balls off paint cans, to Coach Rainwater where we shoulda been crowned state champs, and to the Loyola coaching staff where we won the school's first conference titles and won rings baby! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment