Eric Gehrig

Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to KC

What's up friends, glad to be back in KC and hopefully headed to preseason again with Sporting KC.  First, playing in an invite combine for a few days and then if I play well enough they will bring me back in, so thats the goal.   Had our first training session today and things went pretty well.  It was good to see the coaching staff again and it felt like they were happy to see me back so that felt good.  Feels like they want me to succeed and do well so that was nice.  Played pretty well overall, took awhile for everyone to get settled in but once that happened I felt more comfortable.  Played some holding-mid, my personal favorite, and got some good touches early.  Played some nice balls, won some fun air battles, and got stuck in with some crunchin tackles.  Love me some of them.  The dirty work I really enjoy.  Hopefully the coaches saw some good things.  I am eager to get back at it tomorrow, that's for sure.  It's about 5 PM now and we go again tomorrow at noon.  Can't wait.

Looks like I will be blogging all along the way, and hopefully it'll be awhile.  Those of you who know me best, know how much this opportunity means to me and how bad I want it.  I appreciate all of the support and wishes, makes it easier to get through the process and provides me with company.  Friends and family I love all of you.  Been working very hard over the last few months and I want nothing more than to succeed.  So let's make it happen.  Shout out to my roomates, A12, Billy, Styguy, and Tommy.  Brones, you as well out in PA.  And of course my loving family and friends, this is for you too.  Off to grab some dinner and pick up some conditioner, because this freaken hotel doesn't have any lol :(.  Be back tomorrow with some updates.

EG

2 comments:

  1. What are "crunchin tackles"? Good luck E

    ReplyDelete
  2. to me a crunchin tackle is a tackle where ya get all ball and a piece of the guy? nothing dirty but a tackle that most people don't really enjoy..i do lol

    Appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete