Eric Gehrig

Monday, March 7, 2011

Revolution 2 Crew 1

We lost last night 2-1 to the Revs, in front of about 5,000 people up in Chattanooga.  The atmosphere was rockin, the fans were really into it.  Literally, outplayed them from start to finish, and fell asleep on two set pieces, which in soccer are very important.  You can kill a team and lose, so that was not good.  Other than that, the soccer we played was really good, we were really moving the ball from the back to the front and had numerous chances.  I started the second half at Center back and finished the match.  I was nervous heading into the game but once the half got underway, I just played, and played well at that.  Organizing, passing, tackling, heading, it all felt really good for me.  I was just having a lot of fun man, felt good to get out there.  I was pleased with my personal performance, and the teams for that matter.  Just gotta be sharper on set pieces.  The team's got a very bright future ahead for this season I would say.


After the game we headed back to Atlanta and pretty much relaxed till sleep.  We had training this morning, although it was really light and actually spirits were high.  Played some handball and then some 11 v 11 to goals with everyone playing in different positions ha.  I was up top with Sebastian Miranda with Chad Marshall at attacking mid.  We all had fun with it, and then got outa there.  Nice little workout, regeneration session.  We had a team lunch when we got back and that brings me to now.  Laying in my bed, showered, and comfy.  May do some bowling later with Josh, Cole, Justin, Chad, and a few others later.  Dinner is on our own so.  Hope everyone is well, and Crew fans be excited for this season!  We got a prettty sweet group coming together and I think it's gonna be a fun season.  Much love!


EG #16


Shoutout to the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks, making me so proud these days! Let's keep pushing to the playoffs baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment