Eric Gehrig

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Greetings from the ATL

We got in last night, after a  nice 1 and 15 min flight aboard delta.  They had Wi-fi so I was on my computer the whole time.  A short bus ride later we reached our hotel, the Doubletree, which is pretty nice.  The beds are money which is big, and overall its a clean, big hotel.  We trained this morning at the Atlanta Beat of the WPS facilities and I must say, pretty darn nice.  We play the Revolution tomorrow in a preseason match up in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  Sounds like I will be playing some center back for about half the game so I am looking forward to it.  Between injuries and personnel available right now they are putting me there, which is fine because I have played it before.  It will be my first game with a significant amount of playing time so I am excited, plus I can show that I can play in different positions, not just defensive mid.  So should be fun, hope it goes well.

Training today consisted of some technical work, which is vital.  Always gotta focus on the small stuff because that's where you become technically sharp and warmed up.  We then went on to some finishing while some guys did some 6 v 6 to goals.  Finished with 11 v 11 scrimmage and we were donezo.  Our goalie Will Hesmer bought our van some Bojangles for lunch, which is a good chicken place.   Thought that was pretty nice of the big fella.  After that, my roomate and I, Josh Gardner once again ha just watched some College bball.  Crazy games between West Va vs Louisville, and ND vs UCONN.  I am an indiana boy so I love seein the golden domers do well, wish the Hoosiers would pick it up a bit :/ 

We then did some pushups and abs, little workout, and then the hotttub and pool.  Leads me to right now, which we are leaving for our Team Dinner tonight.  Hungry, so I am looking forward to it!  Really starting to settle in with the Crew, and very much enjoying it.  I love it.  Appreciate the love from home, whether via message, text, email, etc...means a lot.  Can't stress it enough.  I will be back tomorrow or Monday with hopefully a good report from the game.  Much love.


EG #16


Shoutout to one of my good buddies back home who I have become close with over the past 6 years Shane Cloutier, keep battling with the knee bro.  You'll be back stronger than ever once all the hard work is done and use this setback to fuel you even more! Love you my man

2 comments:

  1. Hey Eric - Thanks for the updates. CrewNation appreciates them. Keep working hard. Looking forward to seeing you back in Columbus and on the pitch soon.

    -CrewMak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot CrewMak, you crew fans are awesome man! I am thankful and glad to be here in Columbus! I am glad you guys like the blog, definitely looking forward to the opener at Crew Stadium!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete