Eric Gehrig

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crew 3 Revolution 1

We pulled off a very nice win last night, as we beat the Revs 3-1, this time in Atlanta.  I started at center mid and switched to center back in the second half, so it felt good to go the full 90. I had some early nerves as I was basically matched up with Shalrie Joseph, who some consider to be among the MLS's best.  Overall though, I did quite well.  I thought defensively him and the other midfielder I did very well.  First half consisted of me connecting our defense to attack and then in the second was more ball-winning and instruction from the central of defense.  Overall, a very good game and like I said, it felt good to get a comfortable win.  I think anyone that watched the game knows who the better team was without a doubt.  We played some very good soccer, with two goals from Tommy H and one from Bernado.  The playing surface was lovely too, it had rained all day so it was slippery, but nothing bad at all.  The weather turned out to be pretty good come gametime so all in all, a very good night I thought.


Passed few days have been the usual training and then relaxing in our hotel.  The hotels been putting on almost all of our lunch and dinners so I don't have many sweeet food updates.  Pretty sore today, that's for sure.  We close out preseason tomorrrow night with our last preseason game against the Houston Dynamo.  Should be a good game as they have a quality team, and last time we played them in Arizona it turned out to be a physical heated battle.  We fly home Saturday morning and we can move into the apartments so that will be exciting. Hope everyone is well back home, miss you guys.  Almost completed preseason so.  Been a long but fun month and a half so gotta keep it going!  I will be back soon!  Much love.


EG #16


Shoutout to the little guy's hand I held when we walked out on to the field last night before kickoff.  His name was Jackson, cute little fella he was!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Coach Eric, I saw a picture of you playing in the game against the Revolution. Keep up the good work and good luck at your next game!!!
    I miss you out there, but I am lucky to have Coach Greg! We are going to kick some butt this spring!
    Jack (Jackie Boy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie boy! Thanks very much my man, I will certainly continue to work hard and I think of you guys often! Coach Greg says a lot of good things about you and the team so you keep it up too! Much love my man. And yes you will do awesome this spring!

    Coach Eric :)

    ReplyDelete