Eric Gehrig

Friday, April 8, 2011

Chivas tomorrow night!

Been another solid week of training for us.  With that first win against FC Dallas last weekend, moods were high as this week went by pretty fast.  The team left yesterday for the west coast and hopefully we can get our second straight win. 

As far as my activities this past week, ive hit the gym twice which felt good to get back in a lifting routine.  Justin and I got a membership over at this gym nearby called Urban Active Fitness so thats good.  We did some bowling on Wednesday again at our favorite Capri Lanes, there was 8 of us.  4 v 4 featuring me, josh williams, shaun francis, and cole grossman vs Andy adlard, rich balchan, dilly duka, and justin meram.  The teams split but I was the best bowler there.  Think i bowled a career high of like 190.  It was nuts.  but sooooooo fun! Made some nice dinners this week too ha tacos being the highlight with cut up tomatos, lettuce, cheese and both tortillas and hardshells.  So good!  Tonight I may stick with lean cuisines I think.  Tryin to clean up the diet completely!

I am going for a short visit home tomorrow after training, didnt make the travel squad so it will be nice to see my brother, mom and dad.  We dont get many chances to go home so sure will be nice to see the friendly confines of my home and maybe see some friends.  That's all for now.  I am truckin along out here appreciating everyones support.  One thing I have learned so far in this experience is how vital it is to have confidence!  Gottaa play like you belong because at the end of the day, I do or else I wouldn't be here.  I find when I don't think and just enjoy the game, try to have fun is when I play my best.  I talk about it with my brother often and it very much is true.  Can't think about NOT making mistakes or trying to impress the coaches.  Everyone makes mistakes its just how you respond to them and come back better.  I try to keep this in mind everyday I train or kick a ball.  Just food for thought.  Enough of my babbling ha Much love!!!! and GO CREW!

EG #16

No comments:

Post a Comment